Suggestion: Plz forgive me is this is in the wrong forum.

Talk about what you want to talk about. Sit back, relax.

Moderator: DHBloodwolf

Vyncent

Suggestion: Plz forgive me is this is in the wrong forum.

Postby Vyncent » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:34 am

Greetings,

I am new here so again, plz forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place. I was 'trying' to look over some of the many albums that you have listed on your site, however, I am unable to do so. Most of the listing are Dark Blue on almost Black, or Black on Dark Grey. This might be find for some folks, but from a 'marketing' perspective, it leaves a large number of prospects in the 'Dark' literally, as what you have listed cannot be seen, especially if they have vision problems.

I realize that this is a site that offers Royalty Free music, but by offering such a limited palate of colours on your pages, you also limit some of the prospects that might be interested in what you have to offer. I was looking for a particular piece, myself, but beyond album covers, I cannot see hardly anything on you site to find what I am interested in, or even for that matter, look over other possibilities. I am sure that you enjoy your theme, and it is a very dynamic one overall. I do not send this to offend, but rather to just suggest at least an easier on the eye reading colour scheme for the text to background viewing that you offer.

I understand if you choose to ignore or even delete this post, I will take no offense, but hope that you will at least consider what I have posted.

TeknoAXE
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Plz forgive me is this is in the wrong forum

Postby TeknoAXE » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:25 pm

I'm definitely not offended. I'm assuming you refer to the text color on the genre divisions? Would it be better to choose a lighter color for the link text?
Royalty Free Music for your videos

Vyncent

Postby Vyncent » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:31 pm

TeknoAXE wrote:I'm definitely not offended. I'm assuming you refer to the text color on the genre divisions? Would it be better to choose a lighter color for the link text?

Yes, plz! Having a LONG history of Arts and Crafts and even some personal study of marketing, I learned that if people can't see what you offer, then they will just go somewhere else. Consider looking at a white background with pale yellow text, and you will find that you cannot see what is written. Contrasting colours are always a smart choice. The edges of your pages where you have the very nice textural banner of your website name is pretty fair, but your overall theme of dark on dark is very hard on the eye, even if you do not have visual problems. You do not have to be overly extreme, but at least make the text stand out. You want to grab the eye of your prospects so that they will want to view what you offer. In the long run, it will improve the number of people who check out your site and want to come back for more.

For me, when I see a page that shows prospective album covers, and then see long dark seemingly empty columns below, my first thoughts are either the page is empty except for the covers at the top, or the page is not complete. It was not until I noticed that my cursor was changing when I moved over the 'empty' columns that I realized that there was actually something more there. I literally had to 'Ctrl A' to highlight the entire page to find what where there. One of the reasons most businesses seem to blandly use Black, Grey, and Red is because the colours standout, but you do not have to limit yourself to just those three choices. Play around a bit and see what you like, then try closing one eye and see if it still looks the same, or if something needs to be tweaked a bit. It will make a big different for you, and more traffic for your site.

TeknoAXE
Site Admin

Postby TeknoAXE » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:10 am

I think I understand. You're talking about the Master List albums. That was definitely unintentional. I changed the CSS data to make the site more up to date. I guess I glossed over the fact that the text listing the tracks contained in in the albums was black on dark grey.

It's an easy fix, and I will get to that very soon.

As far as the rest of the site goes, though, are my genre categories, with the blue against black, a little better to read or do you think that text needs to be a little brighter?
Royalty Free Music for your videos

Return to “The Viper Room”