May Update

Frequently asked Questions about TeknoAXE music and how to use the music.

Moderator: DHBloodwolf

TeknoAXE
Site Admin

May Update

Postby TeknoAXE » Thu May 08, 2014 2:28 pm

Note: You can respond to this update here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=888

It's been a while since I've modified this site. In some cases, I believe this to be a good thing, as it gives people a chance to be familiar with the layout and how the site works (unlike YouTube, which is hell-bent on giving their users an ulcer every time they roll out one of their new awesome sweeping changes).

With the drop-down menus, however, I believe there are ways to add to this site to add to the community and make it more interactive, as well as let you guys know where else I'm at besides here and youtube.

1) Remixes. For a while now, people here and there have been wanting me to provide the "stems" to some of my tracks so they can do remixes. I think this is a great idea, and I've been trying to figure out what needs to happen for this to occur.

My site faces several challenges if this were to occur. 1) Obviously, more disk space would be taken up by the stems and 2) more bandwidth would be used by people downloading the stems. Although I can't say for sure how much more bandwidth this would consume, I would most likely assume the worst scenario (or best depending on how you look at it) and that bandwidth use could go up by quite a bit.

The solution is an easy fix, however, and something that I may need to do anyway, should the usage of my site go up significantly in the future. Right now I have a bear-bones virtual server that has a bandwidth limit of 1TB, 20GB of storage space and 512kB of RAM. Memory hasn't been a problem yet, because I have little more than the PHP code for the main site and my forums added to my server.

But should I decided to upgrade the server, I would definitely take steps to include a remix page, where the stems are hosted and I would also change one of my less-used forum subjects for those of you who like to do remixes to show off these remixes in both the forum and the remix page of the main website.

One other thing I'm considering is including links or a list of other sites that you can find my music on. Currently, I have four albums that are considered "bulk albums" of 101 music tracks each for those that wish to download my music in big chunks at a time. These albums are managed by Tunecore, which also has the benefits of being disturbed and streamed by other vendors.

A lot of my music is on Spotify, for instance, and if you have a Spotify account, then you can listen to my music using that service. My music is also on Bloom, Xbox Music, Sony Music, and KKBox, to name a few. So it would make sense to add a page detailing what stores you can find me in, if you like.

I'm up for suggestions, of course--not just in additions to my site, but also the overall operation and look of the site as well.

Matt
Royalty Free Music for your videos

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”