Frequently Asked Questions about TeknoAXE Music

Frequently asked Questions about TeknoAXE music and how to use the music.

Moderator: DHBloodwolf

TeknoAXE
Site Admin

Frequently Asked Questions about TeknoAXE Music

Postby TeknoAXE » Thu May 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Can I use your music for my videos or film projects?

Absolutely! Everyone may use my music for videos, student films or other projects you may think of not limited to those categories. All the music on this site is covered under CC 4.0. This means that in order to use my music, you must cite the source of it. In this case, the source is either, the YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/teknoaxe, the link to the teknoaxe youtube video of the track you featured in your work, the teknoaxe website, or the website page that features the music that you used in your work.

Do I have permission to use your music for commercial purposes?

Definitely! You can use my music for monetized videos on YouTube, commercials or shows that are for commercial purposes. Once again, everything is covered under CC 4.0

Do I have to credit you and how should I credit you?

In order to comply with the C.C. 3.0 license I have adopted, you should credit me. This will make it clear to anyone who asks, such as YouTube, that you do have permission to use my music and you are agreeing to the terms of use. As stated on the permission form generated from my website, sufficient citation includes a link to my YouTube Channel, a link to my website, a link to the YouTube video from my channel featuring the track you used, or a link to the specific webpage on my site featuring the track you used.

How do I prove to YouTube that I have permission to use your music for montized videos?

Each link page has a feature to the right of each embedded YouTube video that allows you to enter in your information, including email address, YouTube Channel Name, and Full Name. You can fill out this form and hit the submit button and it will generate a time-stamped permission form that you can present YouTube with.

Can I pay you for you to take a music track off of your site and YouTube channel and grant you exclusive rights?

Every track that I post as Royalty Free Music will remain on my Channel and website and open for public use indefinitely. By the time you've heard the track you are asking this question about, it\'s highly likely that individuals have already used this track for their projects as well. Granting you full rights to a track, no matter the money you offer me, would betray the trust that I've built with many people who have already used my music in good faith. None of the tracks I post are up for sale and I retain the core rights to them.

Can I request music that I need for my videos?

You can definitely request music from me and I will try my best to get to as many requests as possible. However, I do have a few at any given time, so please be patient.

What are the Master Lists?

The master lists are an answer to requests from people to provide bulk downloads of multiple tracks at once rather than having to go through the link pages. Because providing a direct download of such a massive file would hurt the performance of my website and cut down on the ad revenue needed to keep this website running, I decided to create these lists for people to download from iTunes or Amazon.com.

How many tracks are on the master lists?

There are 101 tracks on each list album. Each album has it's own unique playlist with at most, 1 track overlapping each other

How do I know what tracks are and are not on these master list albums?

The master list webpage contains tracklists detailing what is on the album in the Spotify embedded player. Also each genre page and internal link pages now detail whether a track is on a certain album or if it is new and exclusive to this website for download.

What equipment do you use for music production?

For different genres of music, I have varying set ups. Most of it goes through a Roland UA-25EX peripheral or my Line6 PODHD500. I've recently switched to Cockos Reaper as my Digital Audio Workstation, with Propellerhead Reason as what I use for my EDM production. My guitars go through an hold Line6 PODHD500. With other genres, I have a wide range of VST plugins for my Digital Audio Workstation, including some from EASTWEST Quantum Leap, Native Instruments, and Propellerhead. A combination of products from these companies will help you immensely in producing your own music.

What do you get out of all this?

The distribution of my music. While I'm not sure how successful I will ever be with money and profits for music, the more important thing to me is getting my music out there for people to hear, thus making my contribution to culture more significant. The support that I've received so far has been amazing and I hope to continue to improve my music writing skills and produce even greater music in the future.
Royalty Free Music for your videos

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”